We are thrilled to announce we are sponsoring the 2019 Aquaculture Awards – with the category of “Most Promising New Entrant“.
The Aquaculture industry is projected to grow significantly over the next 10 years and at a greater rate than any other protein producer.
These Awards recognise the achievements in different elements of the sector and give due recognition to those making an exceptional contribution to the industry, now and in the future. They are open to everyone involved in the global aquaculture industry, no matter how large or small.
- Employ the highest standards of aquaculture husbandry
- Farm with a high level of environmental awareness
- Deliver a high-quality end product to local, national or international markets
Organised by the Aquaculture UK team and supported by a number of commercial partners, including Primerdesign, the winners will be announced at special awards dinner being held in the spectacular Stratosphere space at Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh on Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Preceding the awards dinner The Fish Site will host a seminar addressing the prospects for the aquaculture sector following the UK’s possible departure from the EU. The event is taking place in the Biosphere Room, Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh from 1-5pm and is free to attend, but spaces are limited. Further information can be found here.
Primerdesign is sponsoring the ‘Most Promising New Entrant” category – this category seeks to reward people, companies or products that have arrived on the aquaculture scene since January 2018. The finalists are:
- Foover mort removal system – Underwater Contracting Limited
- Kendal Hunter – farm manager, Mowi Scotland
- Manolin – software analytics to help farmers optimize treatments and improve their fish health
- Clara McGhee – farm technician, Mowi Scotland
For more information on the awards, or to book your ticket, please click here.